CGHS believes all students have the capacity to learn, and our high quality teaching and learning environment assists all students to do this and make progress. The school focuses on student achievement and learning through encouraging a strong teacher- student partnership
A CGHS girl will show empathy and concern for others. She will have an understanding of the world and people beyond her own circumstances, giving service and acting with decency.
A Te Kura o Hine Waiora student is thankful for the support of her family and whānau. She is appreciative of the opportunities she has been able to explore at school.
A CGHS girl will act with integrity. She will be known for her honesty, courtesy, reliability and trustworthiness.
A Te Kura o Hine Waiora girl will stand tall and proud. She will have the courage and strength of character to do what is right, facing challenge and change with confidence.
- Fulfilment of academic potential Each CGHS student giving her very best in partnership with home and school, to ensure she reaches academic excellence for herself.
- High academic achievement Our students achieving at the upper levels of the NZ education system.
- A single-sex pedagogy CGHS students being able to learn in an all-girl environment with teaching pedagogy tailored specifically for young women.
- Effective staff and student leadership A school where many opportunities are offered and taken up for leadership at all levels and in all areas of school life.
- Respect for self, others, the environment and the heritage of the school The school helps students acknowledge their own self-worth and the worth of others. We also believe in the importance of living sensitively in our school and boarding environment and taking pride in the legacy handed down to us over the years.
- Cultural diversity and valuing the histories and traditions of all peoples We value the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and New Zealand’s bicultural foundation and further acknowledge that our school is also a reflection of a wider multi-cultural community.
- Development of the whole person Our students are developing not only their academic skills but also skills which will equip them for their world beyond school.
- Community based on trust, tolerance and citizenship We value those things which enable a community to function effectively.