Our vision is to empower and inspire the development of 21st Century lifelong learners by providing a passionate learning environment with diverse opportunities, experiences and authentic relationships to enable learners to flourish, celebrate achievement, contribute to our world and become tomorrow’s inspired leaders today.
At Te Kura o Hine Waiora, students and staff respect and are generous towards each other. They support one another and this is reciprocated. The environment is warm and caring and everyone is treated with dignity.
At Christchurch Girls’ High School, a strong sense of belonging is developed through students and teachers working together. Students and staff feel connected and positive relationships are fostered. Challenges and successes are shared, and personal achievements are celebrated.
The Te Kura o Hine Waiora whānau show empathy and concern for others. They have an understanding of the world and people beyond their own circumstances, giving service and acting with decency.
At Christchurch Girls’ High School, students and staff stand tall and proud. They have courage and strength of character to do what is right, facing challenges and change with confidence. Mana is demonstrated in relationships between and within staff and students.
- Fulfilment of academic potential Each CGHS student giving her very best in partnership with home and school, to ensure she reaches academic excellence for herself.
- High academic achievement Our students achieving at the upper levels of the NZ education system.
- A single-sex pedagogy CGHS students being able to learn in an all-girl environment with teaching pedagogy tailored specifically for young women.
- Effective staff and student leadership A school where many opportunities are offered and taken up for leadership at all levels and in all areas of school life.
- Respect for self, others, the environment and the heritage of the school The school helps students acknowledge their own self-worth and the worth of others. We also believe in the importance of living sensitively in our school and boarding environment and taking pride in the legacy handed down to us over the years.
- Cultural diversity and valuing the histories and traditions of all peoples We value the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and New Zealand’s bicultural foundation and further acknowledge that our school is also a reflection of a wider multi-cultural community.
- Development of the whole person Our students are developing not only their academic skills but also skills which will equip them for their world beyond school.
- Community based on trust, tolerance and citizenship We value those things which enable a community to function effectively.