– Once students have completed their application to enrol at University of Canterbury, they will be sent a ‘conditional offer’ until they’ve officially gained University Entrance (UE). Applications to enrol close on 8 December.
– Students who applied for scholarships and/or accommodation will be notified of any offers this month (October). These messages (which sometimes get diverted to the Spam folder) specify what they need to do to accept or decline their offer(s).
– When exam results are released in mid-January, students who gain UE will receive an ‘offer of place’ letter and Enrolment Agreement. They’ll need to accept or decline their offer via myUC and indicate how they will pay their fees.
– Those on track to gain UE but lacking confidence in key subjects such as mathematics, statistics, physics or chemistry may choose to enrol in the Headstart pre-university programme as part of UC Summer School – applications for this close 20 December 2023.
– Students who don’t get UE will have various pathway options available, such as gaining a few credits through school, via Hagley College or via distance study in January/early February.
– For those who miss UE by more than just a few credits, UC’s Certificate in University Preparation enables students to spend their first semester gaining essential skills in oral and written communication, problem-solving, information literacy and more. Students who successfully complete the programme will be eligible to apply for entry to 100-level degree courses at UC in Semester 2.
– On 16 February 2024, students and their whānau will be welcomed to UC at Herea tō waka | Orientation Day and given vital tips for success and how to deal with challenges.
– Most UC lectures begin on 19 February 2024 but some students, such as those in Teaching, start earlier.
– Many students will decide to change courses in the first couple of weeks of semester – this is quite common, so they can just contact UC’s first year advisors if they need help to change something.
-For more support in planning ahead for your first year at UC, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read full post on CareerWise >